Elk Rock Meadow consists of a large meadow and hardwood forest. The 16 lots vary in size from 2.28 acres to 8.96 acres. Each lot is also different based on its proximity to the state road or its location back in the forest just above the Blue Ridge Parkway. These high quality properties are ideal for year-round living or second homes.
Located in an ideal spot, Elk Rock Meadow is between mileposts 1 and 2 and overlooks the Rockfish Valley to the east and the Shenandoah Valley to the west. With elevations between 2,100 and 2,566 feet, Elk Rock Meadow is completely surrounded by green space in all directions. To the east are the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Appalachian Trail. To the north are the Shenandoah National Park and the Skyline Drive and to the west and south the Swannanoa Golf Course and the George Washington National Forest.
Internet & TV
- High speed internet – with speeds from 25 mbps to 1 gigabit ($30-$80/mo).
- TV – satellite TV available from DirecTV or digital TV service via Lumos Network.
- Underground fiber optic – brought to the house at no cost to the home owner.
- Additional information – contact Lumos Network directly to answer your questions.
CC&R's and HOAs
- Commitment by Developers – because this is such a special location with great views and easy access, the developers are committed to making this a unique community for dedicated home owners.
- Protect property owners – each lot is covered by a set of Conditions, Covenants, and Restrictions (CC&R’s) to insure the quality of the development.
- Home Owners Association (HOA) – established and managed by the homeowners to protect their properties.
- Company provider – Dominion Energy, based in Richmond, VA and serves 7.5M customers.
- Appearance and safety – to preserve the property views and increase safety, all cables for the entire development are underground.
- Connection – power cables are brought to the edge of the property at no cost to the home owners.
- Year-round property access – either via Blue Ridge Parkway to milepost 2 to Highway 610 (Howardsville Turnpike), or via 610 directly at the Rockfish Gap exit off Interstate 64.
- Private Blue Ridge Parkway Access – private hiking trails leading directly to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Snow removal – offered for the entire community as part of the low HOA dues.